Sunday, February 05, 2006

Something New in the Works

For those who are currently enjoying MyBigRiver, and for those who have publicized it on their blogs and websites - thank you! For those who have commented that it's pretty cool, but don't see much use for it, this message is for you: We're cooking up something new and very cool, using "MyBigRiver" technology. I strongly suggest that you subscribe to this blog's feed so you'll get the announcement when it's ready to launch. Meanwhile, you probably won't see many changes to the existing site, or posts to this blog, for a while. But we'll be coming back with a bang!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leland Scott said...

Hi,
The Ajax functionality is indeed cool. But you should check into the strange results I was getting just now. I typed in "Rockin Records" to see if it would come up with the price guide by that name, but it didn't. I tried "Rockin Records Price Guide" and it came up with some electronic products! Then I tried "Goldmine Price Guide" and it was even more bizarre... I think the result shown was a linksys wireless router. :-)

Not what you're going for, I don't expect.

Cheers,
Leland

8:13 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

You gotta, gotta, gotta, use keywords (see my earlier post about this). If you had added "book" to any of your queries, you would have gotten exactly what you expected.

Now, if this were a truly commercial site, blaming the provider (Amazon) wouldn't be a reasonable excuse, but as this is a hobbyist site, I'm not going to develop an additional layer of AI on top of Amazon's search results to avoid this pesky quirk :)

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home